Camembert fondant aux canneberges - Baked Camembert with Cranberries
This is such a great French-American twist on this Brie appetizer craze hitting America by storm this season. Camembert is so underrated, and so much better tasting, in my opinion. The acidity from the berries help cut the creaminess from cheese, 'tis delicious!
- 1 wheel of Camembert
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons of Chopped Hazelnuts
- 1 Baguette
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Chop onion, set aside.
2. In a frying pan, add some olive oil over medium-low heat.
3. Once hot, add onions and begin to caramelize. Add a pinch of salt at about 8 minutes in.
4. In a small pot, add the cranberries and water over medium heat.
5. Stir berries to break them and let it reduce.
6. Cut the top wax off the Camembert, then place on parchment paper over a pan.
7. Add cranberries to top of cheese.
8. Once caramelized, add onions.
9. Finish off with nuts and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes.
10. Remove and serve with baguette slices