Macarons à la cannelle - Cinnamon Macarons
- 190 grams Powdered Almonds
- 310 grams Powdered Sugar
- 95 grams Sugar
- 150 grams Egg Whites
- 2 grams Cinnamon
- Brown Food Coloring
- 125 grams Powdered Sugar
- 80 grams Apple Butter
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Sift the 310 grams of Powdered Sugar, powdered almonds, and cinnamon in a clean bowl.
2. Mix the three together after sifting.
3. In another bowl, add egg whites.
4. Beat on high until peaks form.
5. Add sugar in 3 installments, beating well each time.
6. Add about 4 drops of coloring, then beat until stiff peaks form.
7. Add egg whites to dry ingredients.
8. Fold in gently.
9. Take a pastry scraper or something long and flat, then press it lightly against batter and brush back and forth a couple times to remove air.
10. Ready a piping bag with a round tip.
11. Place batter in bag.
12. Pipe batter on parchment paper-lined pans. Let them sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
12. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
14. Match macarons by size, then made small indention with finger in underside of each.
15. Mix powdered sugar and apple butter, then pipe onto one macaroni of each pair. Close, then eat(best the next day)!