Mousse au Nutella
This mousse has such great flavor and isn’t too sugary! It definitely is a must-try!
- 3/4 c Nutella
- 1/4 c Butter
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 6 Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 c Cream
- 1 cup Toasted Hazelnuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Place a double-boiler over medium heat w/ the Nutella and butter.
2. Stir until smooth, then remove from heat to cool.
3. In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar.
4. Beat until egg yolks are lightened, like in the photo.
5. Once the Nutella mixture is cool, gradually add the egg yolk mixture.
6. Add the cream to the Nutella mixture.
7. Mix well and let the mixture rest.
8. In a clean bowl, begin whipping egg whites.
9. Whip up the whites until stiff peaks form.
10. Gently fold the egg whites to the Nutella mixture, half at a time.
11. Place a couple handfuls of hazelnuts in the oven at about 275 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
12. Remove and let cool.
13. Chop hazelnuts.
14. Place a layer of hazelnuts at the bottom of ramekins/serving dishes, then fill with mousse. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.