Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- FOR THE BASE BATTER:
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Sift together:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE BATTER:
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest or juice(optional)
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 3 eggs
- FOR THE CINNAMON FILLING:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon
- FOR THE TWO ICINGS (One Cinnamon, One Traditional Frosting) (FOR FINISHED CHEESECAKE):
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1) Grease one 10-inch springform pan. Preheat oven to 350.
2) Starting the base batter, cream together butter, sugar, and egg. Add vanilla and milk. Set aside.
3) Sift the dry ingredients of the base batter, mix in sifted ingredients to the wet creamed mixture. It will be thick. Set aside.
4) Starting the cream cheese batter, cream all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
5) Starting cinnamon filling, melt butter and mix in cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
6) Take your pan and spoon half of the base batter into the bottom of the pan.
7) Then add the entire cream cheese mixture.
8 ) Add the rest of the base batter to the pan.
9) Drop spoonfulls of the cinnamon filling across the top of the cheesecake and lightly swirl with a knife.
10) Bake for about 60 minutes, if top starts turning a little too golden brown, cover with foil at about 45-50 minutes.
11) Let it come to room temperature, then refridgerate for at least 4 hours.
12) Before serving, cream together 3 tbsp butter with lemon juice, vanilla, and 1 cup powdered sugar in one bowl. In another bowl, cream 3 tbsp butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup powder sugar. Drizzle both over cake, then enjoy!