Chambord Pot de Creme With Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Chambord liqueur
- 3 tablespoons strong espresso
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 7 large egg yolks
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Mix Chambord, espresso and 1 tablespoon sugar.
2. Put mixture in a pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon without stopping until mixture is reduced by half; allow to cool.
3. In a medium pan, scald cream and milk, and remove pan from heat.
4. In a double boiler, melt chocolate.
5. Add to milk and cream mixture; allow to cool.
6. Place oven rack in middle position; preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
7. Working in bowl, whisk yolks with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until mixture is pale and thick.
8. Very gradually and gently, whisk liquid into egg mixture, being careful not to create air bubbles.
9. Arrange 8 ramekins in a small roasting pan filled with warm water, leaving space between them.
10. Fill each ramekin to the top with the custard mixture.
11. Cover pan tightly with foil.
12. Put pan into oven and back for 40 minutes.
13. Remove pan from oven.
14. Allow to sit in water bath for 10 more minutes.
15. Serve at room temperature.