- For Garlic Pumpernickel Crisps:
- Assorted fruit such as dark plums, grapes, and figs
- Mimolette cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 loaves (12 ounces each) pumpernickel bread, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- For Cheddar Cheese Ball:
- 1 1/4 pounds extra-sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
Adapted from marthastewart.com
To Make Garlic Pumpernickel Crisps:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt.
Brush both sides of bread slices with garlic mixture. Transfer to a baking sheet.
Toast bread in oven until crisp, turning once, 12 to 15 minutes.
To Make Cheddar Cheese Ball:
Process all ingredients except poppy seeds in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl lined with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Unmold onto a plate. Press poppy seeds evenly over surface, rounding top.
Arrange all ingredients on a tray; serve.