Zesty Bulgur Stew
China Study Cookbook
- 6 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Saute garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons vegetable broth.
2. Add remaining vegetable broth, chickpeas, bulgur, and lentils in a soup pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes and seasonings. Continue to cook for 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes and lentils are tender.
4. Serve immediately.