Banana-Sour Cream Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Frosting
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (2-layer size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Melt butter and allow to cool. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer. When mixture starts to stiffen, stop mixer and add honey. Continue to beat until light and fluffy. Do not over mix, or it will collapse.