California-Style Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, halved and yolks removed
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, seed removed and diced (reserve 2 Tbsp.)
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 small tomato, seeded, finely chopped and drained (reserve 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 4 plain tortilla chips, broken into small pieces (optional)
Adapted from hellmanns.com
1.Mash egg yolks with avocado in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, except tortilla chips and egg whites. Generously fill egg whites, then garnish with reserved avocado, tomato and tortilla chips. Garnish, if desired, with additional cilantro.
TIP: Use a pastry blender or potato masher to easily mash egg yolks with avocado.