Pie Filling Ice Cream
- 1 recipe homemade sweetened condensed milk (*recipe below), or 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 about 1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling (or any flavor of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dry non-instant powdered milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Adapted from bakingandboys.com
Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk:
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the blender a few times in between mixing. (It’s the same as canned condensed milk!)
Pie Filling Ice Cream:
After blending the homemade condensed milk in the blender, add the half and half and blend to combine.
Pour into a large bowl and whisk in the cherry pie filling and almond extract.
Pour immediately into the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for at least a couple hours to firm up.