Zabaglione Cream Parfaits
- Zabaglione Cream:
- 3/4 cup prepared lemon curd, divided
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries), divided
- Zabaglione Cream (recipe follows)
- 3 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbl. sweet marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chilled whipped cream
Spoon 2 Tbl. lemon curd into 6 parfait glasses. Top with berries. Spoon Zabaglione Cream over berries and sprinkle with crushed cookies. Garnish each with a mint leaf, is using, and serve immediately.
Whisk egg yolks and sugar together in top of double boiler over simmer water to blend. Gradually whisk in Marsala. Continue whisking until mixture is tripled in volume, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set top of double boiler over bowl filled with ice and water and whisk zabaglione until cool. Beat heavy cream in medium bowl to soft peaks; fold into zabaglione. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.