Cannoli Angel Food Cake (Gina Tite Wallace)
- Cannoli filing:
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 16 oz Ricotta Cheese (drained)
- 3/4 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 C. Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 C. Pistachio nuts chopped
- 1 t. each Candied orange, lemon, cherries
- 3/4 t. Rum extract
- 1/2 t. Vanilla
Bake an angel food cake. Bake according to package directions. When cooled, cut off top and scoop out
Mix cream cheese and ricotta cheese til smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add powered sugar
until blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Fill tunnel of angel
food cake. Put top on and ice with cool whip. Keep refrigerated.
You can decorate cake with Mini chocolate chips, nuts and candied cherries or just
leave it plain.