- 2 chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried leaf thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or to your taste
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot. Mix together all dry ingredients. Oil the chicken breasts with cooking spray on both sides, then coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture.
Placed the chicken in the hot pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn and cook 1 minute on other side. Placed the breasts on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.