brownie - Fudge Snack Bars gluten free
- 1/3 cup prune paste (just trust me! You can find prune paste in most mainstream grocery stores in the baking aisle; opt for organic brands with no added sugar)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seed butter, warmed slightly to thin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)
- 1/4 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup allergen-free mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Brand is gluten-free and free from the top 8 allergens)
- 2 Tablespoons ADDITIONAL chocolate chips, for topping bars before baking
Adapted from glutenfreegigi.com
Preheat oven to 350F.
Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine prune paste through vanilla extract; stir until mixture is smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder through baking soda; whisk to blend.
Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients; stir until smooth.
Add ⅓ cup chocolate chips.
Top with additional chocolate chips.
Bake 20-25 minutes, or until bars are set and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. (Be careful not to overbake the bars, as you do not want a browned or crisp edge.)
Remove from oven, cool completely, then slice into bars.