- 1 pound(s) spaghetti
- 4 strip(s) bacon, chopped
- 1 large (10- to 12-ounce) red onion, finely chopped
- 1 container(s) (15-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cup(s) (2-percent) reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from ca.shine.yahoo.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook spaghetti as label directs.
3. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. To fat in pan, add onion. Cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. While onion cooks, in very large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, milk, cayenne, half of Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
5. Drain spaghetti well. Stir into ricotta mixture along with peas, bacon, and onion. Spread in even layer in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.