Layered Fiesta Salad
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cans (7 ounces) diced green chilies
- 2 cups corn
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips (optional)
Adapted from fox11online.com
In a trifle dish or large glass salad bowl layer, black beans, green chilies, corn, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, and scallions.
Save a few tomatoes and scallions to decorate the top.
In another bowl mix together the guacamole, sour cream and garlic powder.
Carefully spread over the top of the salad. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can also serve with a couple cups of crushed tortilla chips on top or serve the chips on the side.
Can also make in individual wide mouthed half pint glasses!