Easy Enchilada Casserole -- Baked or Slow Cooked
Oooh, I love "EASY" and I love enchiladas! :) This dish also easily converts to a slow cooker / 6 qt crock pot dish.
- 1 lb ground beef OR 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 can chopped black olives
- 1 10oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 10oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 can of black beans which have been drained and rinsed in cold water, "optional"
- Optional garnish: sour cream, guacamole or salsa
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from sphotos-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net
Cook the ground beef or ground turkey until well done. Drain on absorbant paper towels and set aside. Mix together soup, enchilada sauce, black olives, onion, green chilies, and the black beans if you are using them. Now add the ground beef or the ground turkey and the cheese. Cut corn tortillas into strips or sections and add to to the mix. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray and then transfer the mixture to the casserole dish and bake for 45-60 minutes at 350.
***NOTE: If you want to use your crock pot instead you simply pour the enchilada mixture into a 6 qt crock pot that has been coated with cooking spray. Set temperature to low setting and set time for 4 to 5 hours.
Garnish with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa (optional). Enjoy !! :)