A nice thick tomatoe & meat soup. Easy and quick to make. Just can't put it down.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork or Italian sausage (crumbled)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tbsp basil dried
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 (12 oz) pkg mini ravioli (found in pasta aisle at stores)(DO NOT PRECOOK)
- 1-1/2 cup grated parmesan/romano cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Brown your meats, onion and pepper in large dutch oven over medium heat.
Be sure the meat is crumbled well as you cook. Add seasonings and mix well.
Add brown sugar, broth, tomatoes, pasta sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add ravioli (do not cook before adding to soup) and cheese. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Note: if you want is more soupy, add more broth