Impossible Lasagna Pie
Per Serving: 430 Calories; 31g Fat (62.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 152mg Cholesterol; 1010mg Sodium. Net Carbs: 7g
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground beef -- browned and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese -- divided
- (I used a packaged pizza cheese blend)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- (I used 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning to replace both the oregano and basil) 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup Carb Countdown 2%
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Carbquik
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400F (I used a glass baking dish, so only heated oven to 375F). Grease (I used olive oil spray) an 8-inch square pan; set aside.
Layer cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in prepared pan.
Mix cooked beef, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil and tomato paste; spoon evenly over top.
Beat milk, eggs, baking mix, salt and pepper until smooth; 15 seconds in blender on high- or 1 minute with hand beater.
Pour into pan. Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.