oatmeal - Indulgent chocolate breakfast oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or modify the amount depending on how hungry you are!)
- Approx. 1 cup soy milk or any dairy alternative
- 1 tbs cocoa powder (or carob)
- 1 ripe banana- mashed but a few lumps are ok
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 1 tbs dark chocolate chunks or grated chocolate
- Sprinkling of cinnamon- optional
Adapted from includingcake.com
Mix and mash together the oats, ‘milk’ cocoa powder and banana. Heat in the microwave for 90 seconds and mix through. This is the consistency I like it (thick but still liquidy) but feel free to microwave longer if preferred. Top the mixture with the nuts and chocolate chunks finishing with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
I always microwave my oats as I like the consistency this way (and the speed and reduced washing up) but I appreciate many of you like to use the stove top, so feel free to modify the method about to suit.