Spinach Bacon & Hashbrown Quiche
- 3 3 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 6 6 turkey bacon strips
- 1 1 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 3 3 eggs
- 1 1 1 cup fat free half-and-half cream
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 1/8 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 2 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 1 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com
Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture; toss with butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach, cheeses and bacon mixture; pour into crust.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home website by Alexis AKA MOM on 2/19/2011