- Pam cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef(93% lean/7% fat)or 1 1/4 pounds Meatloaf mixture( I prefer meatloaf mixture, more tender)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, Italian style
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, penne
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 small uncooked zucchini, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1.Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
2.In a large bowl, combine beef, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper until well-combined (do not over mix). Divide beef mixture into 6 even portions and form into mini loaves; place on prepared baking sheet. Spoon 3 tablespoons marinara sauce over each loaf and bake until cooked through, about 35 to 40 minutes; allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
3.Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Once pasta is cooked, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking liquid and then drain pasta.
4.While pasta and meatloaves cook, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Once garlic begins to brown, add zucchini; increase heat to medium-high and cook zucchini, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and soft, about 6 to 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and then add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to pan; stir to combine and cook for 1 minute to heat through.
5.Heat remaining marinara sauce; spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each meatloaf before serving. Yields 1 meatloaf, about 1 cup pasta-zucchini mixture and 1/2 teaspoon cheese garnish per serving.