Chili - Janet's recipe
- (1 1/2 lbs) ground beef, chicken or turkey.
- 1 stalk of celery,
- 1 large onion chopped,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- half jalapeño minced and seeded
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- one can 28oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce( I usually add more)
- one can of red kidneys beans drained and rinsed.
Cook 750 g(1 1/2 lbs) ground beef, chicken or turkey. Drain off. Reduce heat to med. add one stalk of celery, one large onion chopped, 2 cloves of minced garlic, half jalapeño ( I have left this out at times) seeded and minced. 2 tbsp do chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin and dried oregano and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper.
Cook for 5 mins, stirring. Stir in one can 28oz diced tomatoes and 1 cup tomato sauce( I usually add more). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 mins at least. Stir in one can of red kidneys beans drained and rinsed. Simmer for 15 mins