Baked Beans, Old Settlers
This is the only beans that I make. Once you've eaten these you can't go back to regular baked beans!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby butter beans
1 Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
2 I cook bacon in microwave until crisp.
3 Add, and mix brown and white sugar, ketchup, barbecue sauce, molasses or Karo syrup, mustard, chili powder, pepper and salt.
4 Add kidney beans, pork and beans, and butter beans; mix.
5 Put in large casserole.
6 Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.