Tangy Skillet Chicken
Chicken comes out very tender.
- 4 teaspoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh or Bottled minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Water, chicken broth, or white wine
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves ; Boneless, skinless
Add olive oil to a large, nonstick skillet and begin to heat over medium-high heat.
When hot (a minute or two), add garlic and chicken breasts (placing them so they are nice and flat and covering the olive oil in the bottom of the skillet). Brown for two-three minutes, sprinkle the top with pepper, then flip to brown the other side for two to three minutes.
Turn heat down to low and drizzle the lemon juice and water, chicken broth, or wine over the top. Cover skillet immediately and cook until chicken is cooked thorughout (about 15 minutes).
Serve the chicken with or without the lemon broth in the bottom of the skillet.