Bisquick Recipe - Homemade Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour (or brown rice flour or a mixture of both)
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch (or cornstarch, if potato intolerant)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar (or evaportated cane juice for refined-sugar-free)
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder (Rumford, Featherweight is corn-free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum (or guar gum, for corn-free)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
Adapted from glutenfreerecipebox.com
In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients; sift the mixture four times.
Store in an air-tight container and use as a substitute for any recipe calling for gluten free bisquick.
If you prefer to avoid sugar, try substituting the sugar for equal amounts of butter in your recipe.
If you are allergic to rice, consider substituting the rice flour with sorghum flour. If you allergic to both the above, try millet flour.