crisp - peach
- For the Peach Filling:
- 5 ripe* medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/3 cup dry White Riesling wine*
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Butter, for greasing baking dish
- For the Crisp Topping:
- 1 2/3 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- For a non-alcoholic version, try half lemon juice and half orange juice (peach juice would be ideal). You can also use a mixture of juice and wine to tone it down a bit.
Adapted from glutenfreerecipebox.com
To Make the Peach Filling:
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 x 9-inch baking dish and set it aside.
In a large bowl, add the peaches, pour the lemon juice/wine over the peaches, and toss them together to coat. Add the granulated and brown sugars and toss the peaches once more. Transfer the peaches and the juices to the prepared baking dish and distribute the pieces of butter on top.
To Make the Topping:
In a large bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk together well, breaking up any brown sugar lumps. Add the melted butter and stir until crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the peaches.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil (I use Martha Wrap) and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the top is nice and brown.
Set the baking dish on a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve this dessert warm, topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
Crisp are known for getting soft quickly. Therefore, if you want the topping to remain crisp try a cobbler instead.