Chicken and Dumplings
Kristie Pipkins' grandmothers
- 1 Large chicken, cut-up into fryer pieces
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1 C Celery diced
- 1 C Carrot, diced
- 4 C Chicken Broth
- 4 Large potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3 Eggs
- 1 T Water
- 3 C Flour
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 210mins
1. Simmer chicken, onion, celery, carrot, and broth 1 1/2 hours to make stock.
2. Add potatoes, simmer additional 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken. Clean meat from bones. Return to stock. Bring to rolling boil.
4. Make dough using eggs, water, and flour. Roll out and cut into strips.
5. Quickly drop dough strips into rolling boil.
6. Continue to boil 30-60 minutes until dumplings are tender.