Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana Icebox Pie
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large bananas, sliced
- mini peanut butter cups, for decorating
Adapted from kingarthurflour.com
1. To make the crust: Combine the cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter.
2. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
4. Line the crust with parchment and pie weights (or uncooked rice or beans), and bake for 10 minutes, just until set. Remove from the oven, lift out the parchment and weights, and cool completely.
5. To make the filling: Combine the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
6. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
7. Fold a quarter of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, to lighten it slightly; then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
8. To assemble the pie: Place about half the banana slices atop the crust.
9. Spread half the filling over the bananas.
10. Top with another layer of bananas, and the remaining filling
11. Decorate the top of the pie with additional cookie crumbs, and/or mini peanut butter cups.
12. Refrigerate until ready to serve.