- 2 lemons
- 12 oz (350 g) uncooked thin spaghetti noodles
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 3 1/2 cups/875 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup (250 mL) small broccoli florets
1. Zest lemons using Microplane® Zester to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL); set aside. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure ¼ cup (50 mL).
2. Break noodles in half. Combine noodles, broth and lemon juice in Deep Covered Baker.
3. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 11 – 13 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring once halfway through cooking using Chef’s Tongs.
4. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise using Color Coated Tomato Knife. Grate Parmesan using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater.
5. Process garlic, Parmesan, parsley, zest, oil and pepper in Manual Food Processor until parsley is finely chopped.
6. Carefully remove baker from microwave using Microwave Grips. Add Parmesan mixture to baker; mix well using Chef’s Tongs.
7. Stir in tomatoes, chicken and broccoli.Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2 – 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Cook’s Tips: To get diced cooked chicken breasts, you can either buy pre-packaged fully cooked chicken breast strips or you can microwave chicken breasts, covered with Parchment Paper, in the Small Ridged Baker, for 5 – 6 minutes or until 165°F (74°C). Cool before dicing.