Chocolate Mound Cake
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix (devil's food preferred)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (9 .4 oz) carton frozen whipped topping
- 1 can angel flake coconut
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Bake in a 9" x 13" pan.
2. Meanwhile, shortly before cake is done, combine evaporated milk & sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Remove cake from oven. Poke holes across surface with foot pick or cake tester while the cake is still hot. Pour the hot milk-sugar mixture over the cake. Then, before the cake cools, spread the marshmallow creme.
4. Let cake cool. cover with thawed whipped topping. Sprinkle coconut over the whipped topping.