- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh fruit, of choice (peaches, nectarines, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries,mangoes, etc.)
Adapted from food.com
Fifteen minutes before baking preheat the oven to 450°; have a pie plate or oven-proof skillet ready.
Whisk together the milk, flour, eggs, sugar and vanilla; put the butter in the pie plate or skillet and place the pan in the oven just until the butter is melted; with a brush coat the rim and entire inside of the pan.
Slowly pour batter into hot pan; bake for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake another 8-10 minutes, until pancake is well-browned; remove from oven and sieve confectioners' sugar over the top; serve immediately with fruit spooned into the center of the pancake.