Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac *
- 2 c (8 oz) dry elbow macaroni
- 2 c (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c (8 oz) shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 oz) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from verybestbaking.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish.
2. Cook macaroni in a large saucepan according to package directions; drain. Return to saucepan.
3. Add cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups of pepper jack cheese, evaporated milk and black pepper to macaroni. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
4. Combine the remaining 1/2 c of pepper jack cheese, tortilla chips and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Sprinkle over top. Cover tightly with foil.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.