Chicken Alfredo and Rice Casserole
460 Calories 16 g Fat
- 1 - 10 oz container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2.5 cups cooked white or wild rice
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 75mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, combine pasta sauce and milk. Stir in rice, chicken, peas, sweet peppers, nuts, and basil. Transfer to baking dish.
2. Bake, covered, 30 mins. Uncover and stir. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter, sprinkle atop. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 mins more or until heated through and crumbs are golden brown. Let stand 5 mins before serving.