- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (chopped 1/3c)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) Italian herb pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 TBSP ketchup
- 3 c (6 oz) uncooked mini lasagna noodles (mafalda)
- 1/2 c chopped green pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 c (4oz) shredded reduced fat Italian cheese blend
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. In a 12in non-stick skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat (5-7 minutes), stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese.
3. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Sprinkle with 1 c cheese.