- 3 c cooked rice ( can be done day before)
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 lb skinned & boned chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp vege oil
- 1/2 lb andouille or smoked sausage,sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,chopped
- 1 c frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (green part only)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 56mins
Cook rice according to pkg substituting the chicken broth for the water. Let cool completely.
Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces and toss with creole seasoning. Cook chicken in hot oil in a lg skillet over med heat for 3 minutes; add sausage and cook 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic, cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in okra and remaining creole seasoning. Increase heat to high; add rice and cook stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until throughly heated. Stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with sliced green onion and serve immediately.