Hot Curried Fruit
Paula Dean "Cooking For Two"
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 small apricot halves, pitted and peeled
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 peaches, peeled, cored and quartered
- 20 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cooking time 1mins
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Stir 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon curry powder and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
Combine all the fruit in a large baking dish and stir together with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle butter mixture over fruit and bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting often.