Chicken Pesto Pizza
- 1 loaf (1 Pound) frozen bread dough, thawed...non-stick cooking spray
- 8 ounces chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal. Roll out bread dough on floured surface to 14x8 inch rectangle. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add onion and pesto; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in tomatoes. Remove from heat, let cool slightly.
3. Spread chicken mixture evenly over bread dough within 1 inch of edges. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake on bottom rack of oven about 20 minutes or until crust is golden brouwn. Cut into 2-inch squares.