Crock Pot Rottisere Chicken
- 1 (4 -5 lb) whole roasting chicken
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 4 whole garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 yellow onion, quartered (optional)
Spray the inside of a 5 quart or larger crockpot with nonstick spray.
Combine all dry ingredients. The cayenne and black pepper are optional, if you don't care for "hot" food. Rub the dry ingredients all over the chicken, inside and out, and place in crockpot, breast side down.
If desired, place onion and garlic inside chicken cavity
DO NOT ADD ANY WATER.
Cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8 hours on low.