Peanut Butter Cheesecake Squares
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 pkg (each 8 oz/250 g)cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 oz (85 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
In bowl, stir together crumbs, peanuts, butter and sugar until moistened; press into parchment paper–lined 8-inch (2 L) square metal cake pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until firm, about 10 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Cheesecake: Press brown sugar through sieve into large bowl to remove lumps. Add cream cheese and peanut butter; beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and egg yolk, 1 at a time; beat in vanilla then cream. Pour over crust.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until edges are set, about 30 minutes. Let cool on rack. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
Chocolate Sauce: In saucepan, heat cream just until boiling; pour over chocolate and butter in bowl, whisking until smooth. Stir in corn syrup. Let cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over cheesecake.