Appetizer Cheese Tree
Cheese trees are sure to please! Everyone at your party will want a bite of this festive appetizer. Pesto and a touch of red pepper sauce kick it up a notch.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 or 3 drops red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
Mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese, pesto, onion, mustard and pepper sauce.
Divide mixture in two. Cover each half and refrigerate 4 hours.
Form into trees, wrap and refrigerate or freeze.
12 hours before serving, remove from freezer.
Just before serving, press parsley evenly onto trees. Press pine nuts onto trees in string to form garland. Press bell pepper into trees for ornaments.
Serve with crackers.