Jen Eloff's Bake mix
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- .Blogs › Dana's blog
- Bake Mix Recipe From Jennifer Eloff of Sweety.com
- 2008-08-17 11:50 Dana on Sun, 2008-08-17 11:50
- to to Jennifer is great at coming up with low carb bake mixes, and she's been kind enough to give me permission to publish one here. So here goes!
- SPLENDID LOW-CARB BAKE MIX™
- 12/3 cups ground almonds (400 mL)
- 2/3 cup vanilla whey protein* (150 mL)
- 2/3 cup vital wheat gluten (150 mL)
- 80%, 75% 80%, however 75% will work
- well in most recipes. Bob’s Red Mill
- vital wheat gluten (75%) is very good
- quality} *This recipe will be referred
- to as Low-Carb Bake Mix in recipes.
- to the application for this bake mix is for a savory baked product, it is possible to replace vanilla whey protein powder with natural whey protein powder.
- Ground hazelnuts or pecans may be used instead. This bake mix is useful for piecrusts, muffins, loaves, many cakes, cookies and squares, some cooking applications and it guarantees lower carbs as well.
- to intolerant? Jennifer has a gluten-free low carb bake mix, too! Here's a link to it in her blog.
- to blog is really good. We're adding it to the blogroll today, and recommend it highly!