Cheesecake brownie recipe
- 1 stick butter, chopped
- 7.1 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten,
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 7.1 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
To make these cream cheese brownies I have used two patty cake pans with a 1/4 cup (water) capacity. lined with paper cases. I advise not to bake directly into the patty cake pans as the cheesecake topping is guaranteed to stick.
There is an exception - if you use the silicon molds make sure you spray them with non-stick baking spray and wait for the brownies to cool completely, in fact I would chill them first then loosen the edge with a sharp knife and push them out.
Larger muffin pans can be used just be aware that you will make less brownies and need to bake them a little longer.
The oven should be preheated to 325
1. In a medium size microwave safe bowl heat the chopped butter and dark chocolate on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until blended. You may need a further 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly so that you do not cook the eggs when you add them.
2. Add the brown sugar and the beaten eggs. Stir through.
3. Add the sifted flour stir through until smooth.
4. Divide the brownie batter evenly into the patty cake pans. Using a small ice cream scoop makes this quick and easy.
5. In a small mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Having the cream cheese at room temperature makes this easier.
6. Slowly mix through the egg. Scrape down the sides and give a quick final mix.
7. Divide the cream cheese mix evenly to top the brownies. Give the pans a gently shake to level the tops.
8. Bake in a preheated oven set to 160oC (325oF) for 25 minutes. The brownies are ready when the tops are slightly domed and before they just start to crack.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to a cake rack to cool completely.