Savory Slow-Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 3 lb Chicken part, skin removed
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tsp. Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 lb mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cornstarch
- 1 pkg. (16 oz) fettucine, cooked and drained
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 440mins
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned on all sides.
2. Stir garlic, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, pepper and 1 cup stock in a 6 qt. slow cooker. Add chicken and turn to coat.
3. Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hr. or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from cooker and keep warm.
4. Stir cornstarch and remaining stock in small bowl until mixture is smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture in cooker. Cover and cook on high 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Serve with and pasta.