Dark Chocolate Mousse
From "The Food You Crave" by Ellie Krieger
- 1 12.3-oz package silen tofu, drained
- 3 oz good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- (60-70%cocoa solids)
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- (preferably dutch processed)
- 1/4 c water
- 1 Tbsp brandy
- 1/2 c plus 1/2 tsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c well chilled heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp shaved chocolate
- (use a vegetabel peeler to do this)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a blender or food processor, process tofu until it's very smooth.
Combine chopped chocloate, cocoa, water, and brandy in a small saucepan or heat-proof bowl fitted over a pot containing 1 inch of barely simmering water. Stir freequently until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
Mix in 1/2 c of the confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until smooth. Add chocolate mixture to the tofu and process until smooth and well blended. Spoon mousse into small ramekins or champagne glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
Whip the cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until the cream is about halfway to soft peaks. Add remaining 1/2 tsp confectioners' sugar and finish whipping until it barely holds a soft peak.
top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings. Serve.