Cookies and Cream Popsicles
- 14 chocolate wafer cookies, about 4 oz (125g) total weight
- 1/4 cup (2 oz/60g) superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup water (2 fl oz/60mL)
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz/125mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz/60mL) whole milk
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250mL) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Adapted from justbakedbyme.wordpress.com
Working in a small bowl, crumble the cookies to make pieces about the size of peas.
In a bowl, stir together the sugar and 1/4 cup (2fl oz/60mL) water until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the sour cream, milk, cream, and vanilla. Add the crumbled chocolate cookies and stir to mix.
If using conventional pop molds, divide the mixture across the molds. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours or up to 3 days. If using sticks, insert them into the molds when the pops are partially frozen, after about 1 hour, then freeze until solid, at least 3 more hours.
If using an instant ice pop maker (Zoku), follow the manufacturer’s directions.
Source: Ice Pops: Recipes for Fresh and Flavorful Frozen Treats