- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup jarred salsa
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions sliced thinly crossways
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 avocado diced (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
Bring the water to a boil, then stir in the quinoa, lower the heat and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 mins and turn off heat. Cover and let sit for 6 mins - you'll know the quinoa is ready when you see the little white "tail" of the germ around the outside edge of each seed.
Add salsa, chili powder and cumin to quinoa and mix well.
Mix in cilantro, green onions, black beans and corn. Mix until thoroughly combined.
In a small bowl whisk yogurt, salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice. Drizzle over quinoa and toss.
Serve with avocado and cheese and garnish with additional cilantro if desired.