- 6 large omega-3 eggs
- 2 large omega-3 egg whites
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- 15 ounces black beans (1 can), drained and rinsed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from wholeliving.com
Heat the broiler with the rack 4 inches from the heat source. In a large bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, and parsley; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In a medium (10-inch) nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and tomatoes and cook until the onion has softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the jalapeno peppers and egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until eggs are almost set, 5 to 7 minutes.
Place frittata under broiler and cook until the top is set and starts to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook beans until heated through (add water if too dry); season with salt and pepper.
Run a rubber spatula around the edge of the pan to loosen the frittata. Carefully slip the frittata out of the pan onto a large serving platter. Serve wedges of frittata with black beans on the side.