The Best Bran Muffins Ever!
These muffins ar ethe best you'll ever taste. Make a batch and keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks and cook them as you need them.
- 4 large shredded wheat biscuits
- 5 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups shortening
- 3 cups sugar (you can substitute splenda or equivalent amount of agave syrup)
- 4 eggs
- 1 qt buttermilk
- 4 cups unprocessed bran
- 1/2 cup raisins
* Stir 4 lg shredded wheat biscuits into 2 cups of boiling water
* Sift 5 cups flour with 5 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt
* Cream together 3/4 cups shortening, 3 cups sugar and 4 eggs
* Add 1qt of buttermilk alternating with dry ingrediants
* Stir in 4 cups unprocessed bran and 1/2 cups raisins, along with shredded wheat.
* Bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees in paper lined muffin tins.