- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Approximately 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1) preheat the oven to 425 F
2) In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Gradually add enough of the cream to form soft dough. Knead lightly on a floured surface/board, handling the dough gently to retain the air needed for the scones to rise.
3) Roll out to a 1/2 to 3/4-inch thickness.
4) Cut into 2-inch round with a sharp knife or use a cookie cutter and arrange on an untreated baking sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch space around each one.
5) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.